- Physical Exercise
- Tango is good for cardiovascular health. Intensity can be modified to ensure that it is an endurance exercise. It is excellent exercise for people who had a cardiac incident or a heart attack.
- Increases mobility, balance, stride length and core strength
- Social Satisfaction
- Tango dance involves a partner and is engaging and is self-promoting because of the amount of enjoyment and identification within a group of people with similar interests and goals.
- Spirituality and Mindfulness
- Tango induces a state of flow and spirituality which is a state of mind where the action is so pleasurable that you want to do it again and again.Spirituality is often expressed in terms of tango as a holistic activity.
- Mindfulness is improved. Tango helps individuals focus on the present and the task at hand.
- Cognitive skills may be improved. The ability to do two things at once, such as navigating in space and being in sync with your partner is improved.
- Dancers not only want to learn the steps, but execute them gracefully and to be in sync with their partner. Dancers want to challenge themselves to do something new, they want to have fun and meet new people.
- Emotional and Educational Health
- Tango provides an avenue for learning new skills.
- Emotional responses are facilitated by tango music and dancing.
Thursday, July 2, 2015
Those of you who currently tango know why you tango, but you might like to know some of the extra benefits to this wonderful dance and why it is considered by healthcare professionals to be an ideal exercise to benefit social, mental, and physical well-being across the ages. Here are 6 health advantages to tango: